Frequently Asked Questions
To get the most from your experience with PelviCare, we think it’s vital that you know what to expect from your treatment and your time with us.
Below, we’ve covered some of the questions most commonly asked by our patients. If you can’t find what you’re looking for below, please contact us for more information or to discuss your requirements in more detail.
What can I expect during initial assessment and follow up treatment?During your initial assessment and follow up appointment, we will:
- Take a detailed personal and medical history
- Assess your posture and spine
- Check for muscle imbalances
- Assess the strength, tone and function of your pelvic floor muscles and core (this is done with an external and an internal exam of the pelvic floor)
- Check for diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Check for pelvic organ prolapse
- Assess and treat any scar tissue from tears, episiotomy, c-section or surgeries in the pelvic floor and abdominal area
- Create a comprehensive treatment plan that may include exercise, manual therapy, education and self-management of your symptoms
- Address any questions or concerns you may have regarding your care
Can I bring my baby with me?Yes! Babies are welcome. We are a women's health practice and understand the difficulty in finding care options to attend appointments. We will do our best to deliver a full session but please bear in mind that it is possible we may have to curtail the amount of work we can do within the session if you need to attend to your baby and pause treatment.
Patients are often scheduled back to back and your session will need to end on time in order to honour the time of the next patient.