Pregnancy massage is especially designed to meet an expectant mother’s needs. A combination of relaxation massage and deep tissue massage, it is a gentle yet effective therapy can help alleviate some of the most common discomforts experienced by pregnant women, including muscle cramps and myofascial pain in the lower back, neck, hips and legs.
During your pregnancy massage in London, we will ask you to lie on your side, supported by blankets and towels to keep your body warm and in a comfortable, semi-reclining position. We will then use a variety of techniques that can be adapted to address the many changes you are going through during your pregnancy.
Recent research has shown a scientific basis for the emotional and physical benefits of pregnancy massage, particularly in terms of reduced anxiety and lowered cortisol levels. Your session also provides you with an opportunity to relax and unwind away from the pressures of raising your newborn.
Our massages are generally safe and recommended for every mum and her baby after the first trimester. Contact our pregnancy massage therapists in Greenwich to book your appointment and enjoy the stress-busting benefits of this popular complementary treatment.
A pregnancy massage can deliver the following benefits:
- Reduces stress hormones in your body
- Relaxes and loosens your muscles
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Helps your lymphatic system working at peak efficiency to flush out toxins from your body
- Improves your sleep
- Increases endorphins in your body, boosting your mood and giving you more positive energy
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Provides a window of self-care that helps to support the physical and emotional pressures of mothering