What conditions can be treated with therapeutic ultrasound therapy?
Carpal Tunnel and De Quervain Syndrome
Mastitis and blocked ducts
Scar tissue from C-section, tear or episiotomy
What are the benefits of our therapeutic ultrasound treatments?
- Discomfort or pain after a caesarean section, laparoscopy or any surgery around your abdominals or back
Separation of the abdominal muscles (diastasis recti)
- Rib and back pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Vaginal pain, specifically vaginismus and vulvodynia
- Tightness in the pelvic floor muscles
In fact, therapeutic ultrasound therapy is effective in treating all manner of pregnancy-related musculoskeletal problems, particularly after-birth injuries and any associated inflammation.
It’s important to note that our therapeutic ultrasound machine is just one of the tools our women’s health physiotherapists in London can call upon to help you get back to your best. Its use is often combined with soft tissue massage, lympathic drainage, kinesiotaping, nerve mobilisation techniques or other forms of manual therapy for the best possible results.
How our ultrasound therapy is performed
When should this treatment be avoided?
- You are pregnant
- You have an electronic or metal implant near the area that needs to be treated
- You have a recent infection in the area
- You are still bleeding in the area
- You have recently had radiotherapy
- You have heart or circulatory problems, e.g. significant vascular abnormalities including deep vein thrombosis, emboli and severe arteriosclerosis
- You have a cancer or suspected cancer over the area
- Your skin is in poor condition in the area